I sleep really late these days. But the sleep itself is deep and satisfying. I see no dreams and more often than not, the bitter taste is not there in my mouth when I wake up.
My father does not wake me up - it is his way of extracting revenge for my talking to my beau till late. I can't set an alarm as kid would wake up when I do. But I exhale and keep my patience. It is better not to cross a mean old man for the sake of maintaining peace in the household. However, there is only as much as one can do. I lose my temper when he says he gets disturbed when my library books are delivered. I reason with him - why does he feel disturbed by my book delivery when he has no issues with grocery delivery. I know that this argument will go nowhere. My books are not his problem. I am. My existence is. Rarely, I feel that I should have gotten married just for the sake of getting married. I could have escaped the clutches of my difficult parents once and for all. True, they helped me take care of my kid when I was widowed. But the price they exact is very, very high. I was never restricted in my in-laws place as much as I am in my own home. And I mean my own home - not my father's home. You may ask why did I not stay with my in-laws in that case. It is the irrational, stupid fear of their house. Too many people have died there. A scary number of them way before their time.
No comments:
Post a Comment